Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Skins

First and foremost I will admit that this will be my favorite post that I will ever write in my life. From somebody born in this generation, this show gets you hooked immediately. I remember the first day I watched it I watched the entire first season in a day which is roughly 8 hours straight. The reason why I relate this show to our generation now is because you can relate to it. Not necessarily saying that you do drugs or have crazy relationships with other people or family, but you can just connect to these peoples lives and see everything from their perspective. It is by far my favorite show and I don't think that's going to change anytime soon. Also, it is a show originated in England and filmed in Bristol, England. There is 2 versions, the UK version and the US version. (the US version is the most miserable thing I've ever watched) so don't watch the US version. This show has literally changed my life.

 

To put the show in a nutshell and not ruin what happens for those of you who've never watched it. Throughout the 6 seasons, there has been 3 generations of people (2 seasons per generation) with new people in every generation. The characters are teens where some of them have had dysfunctional families, mental illness, adolescent sexuality, drugs, and to the worse case death. They all deal with their own personal problems and are there for each other through the thick and thin. Some of the craziest things ever imagined has happened throughout this series. It goes from getting hit by a bus, to going absolutely mental, and vacations gone wrong. The characters all have a unique personality where you grow to love them. I can go on and on about this show for days but if you have never watched it, I highly suggest you do. By the way, Kaya Scodelario is the most beautiful woman I have ever laid eyes on.

No comments:

Post a Comment